Cultural activitiesYou can enjoy the Medieval City of Carcassonne, ( 45km), a World Heritage Site listed by UNESCO.
Visit Narbonne, capital of the roman Gaul (20km) and the well preserved abbeys : Abbey of Fontfroide (10km), Abbey of La Grasse, (20km), Abbey of Caunes Minervois, (40km), the old town of Minerve.
You can also discover the Cathar Castles : Quéribus and Peyrepertuse, (one hour from Donos).
For the Music lovers, the Festival of Carcassonne (July), and Prades (August) will seduce you. And if you are keen on photography, do not miss one of the most recognnised french events on photojournalism in Perpignan (60km), "The Visa pour l'Image" (September).
Others relaxing activitiesA holiday in the Corbières is essentially about the pleasure of discovering an almost deserted countryside bathed in shining sunlight.
You will enjoy our beaches which offer all possible watersports, but do not forget that there is also much to do in the hinterland: Horse riding (7km), rambling.
The beautifull golf of "Aurillac", near Carcassonne is at 45 minutes from Donos and, you can also discover the "Saint Cyprien" golf, near Perpignan.
Others activities will delight the children and the whole family
The whole family can enjoy the following:
- Near Narbonne (20km), Canal du Midi,navigate the three -shaded waterway.
- In Sigean (14km) "La Réserve Africaine" (big game "Safari" route for cars through the dusty grassland).
- Gasparets (6km) : Le Musé de la Faune
- In "Les Clauses" (1km) : La Mieillerie des Clauses (Honey making)
- In Portel (10km) :Terra Vinae (storeroom in the rock)
GastronomyThere are many gastronomic restaurants near by :
- "L'Auberge du Vieux Puits" in Fontjoncouse : 2 ** in "Michelin guide" (7km),
- "La Table de Saint Crescent" in Narbonne 1* in "Michelin guide" (20km),
- "Le Petit Comptoir" à Narbonne 1* in "Michelin guide",
- "Le Portanel", fish restaurant in Bages (20 km),
- "Le Clos des Souquets" in Fabrezan (10km), very good restaurant, looking on the swimming pool and mostly enjoyable,
- "Les Calicots" in Fabrezan,
- "L'Estagnol" in Narbonne (20km),
- "Chez Co" in Narbonne (20km).